Friday, March 12, 2010

I love my babies. Why would I want to push them away from me?

"I love my babies" she exhorts before banishing the stroller from her house and flying into a rage, "Why would I want to push them away from me?"

Thus the New York Time quotes from the movie "Away We Go" in the article The Latest Strollers? Mom and Dad.

I never put my baby in a wrap; I never felt comfortable. Maybe I am not strong enough or perhaps it is a height thing (I am only 5 feet tall and the ratios were off for carrying the baby?) However, I did always have concerns about pushing my son, not so much pushing him "away" from me, but the fact that he was first when crossing the street and walking across a parking lot.

Whatever is going on, wraps are in. The New York Times articles reports that overall sales of certified carriers rose 43% between 2006 and 2008. It is a $21.5 million market! Rising to the top are the ErgoBaby and the Moby Wrap.

To read the whole article click here: The Latest Strollers? Mom and Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment